Alright, so at least I made it through half of the 30 posts in 30 days challenge without pauses. I’m determined to finish it though; which requires me doing 1 long post to make up. This is going to be all over the place and pretty long, so bare with me
* It’s been just under 2 weeks since my knee surgery and the pain is still real. I missed a day of taking my antibiotics, which resulted in me having a slight fever. I’m kind of apprehensive about getting my partially torn ACL fixed too. The surgeon recommended letting the swelling go down and giving my knee ample rest before exploring the option of ACL repair. I want to be able to enjoy the kids I’ll have someday and be able to play basketball at a more casual speed. For now, I’m doing the R.I.C.E method with the Cryocuff. I’m hoping by the end of the week, it’ll feel much better and I can drop the crutches.
* Speaking of my birthday, it’s frustrating to only have 1 concrete plan. Because we’re twins, my brother and I have celebrated our birthday together every year. Now it seems like us being together on our birthdays isn’t as big of a deal to me anymore. He feels differently. I can’t tell if it’s because he doesn’t want to feel like he’s losing our bond or if he’s trying to hang on to “what we used to do” as single men. Either way, I’m looking forward to the new tradition of celebrating our birthday as individuals.
* I’m not much into horoscopes
even though I’m a Cancer to the letter but it’s so weird reading daily horoscopes and having them be so on point. Most horoscopes are vague and objective. “Someone you like will notice your efforts”, “a situation that’s been stressing you out is about to change for the better”, and “the opportunity you’ve been seeking is a few steps closer than it was yesterday” are just some of the ambiguity that horoscope notifications are littered with. However, lately, my horoscopes have been eerily specific and on point at the time that I read them. I’ll elaborate on this in another post.
* TV Show I’m addicted to right now: The Newsroom! Admittedly, I don’t like Aaron Sorkin’s monologue-heavy writing style. However, The Social Network is 1 of my favorite movies in the last few years. Sorkin’s writing along with Jesse Eisenberg’s delivery captured the Facebook story with such precision. Plus it’s pretty dope hearing Jack McCoy curse with such a passion every episode.
HBO is the GOAT of cable television series. So, it’s no surprise the The Newsroom is a highly anticipated summer return. I’m almost done with the 1st season. By far the best episode was the 1 in which the newsroom covered the Osama bin Laden kill.
* I haven’t been paying attention to the Summer League as much in previous years. After watching 40 games in 40 nights, on top of 1 of the best Finals we’ve seen 2008, I need a short break from basketball. The opening week in Orlando is rarely that exciting anyway. Although, Victor Oladipo affirmed that he’s 1 of the most pro-ready guys out of the 2013 draft. The Magic probably won’t win more than 35 games. Their youth and athleticism will make them a very entertaining team to watch.
* I don’t get what the Instagram hype was all about: I’ve been “using it” for about 3 weeks now. Adding a filter to a photo is supposed to be cool. But what good is a filter if the picture itself is wack? Don’t get me wrong; I’ve seen some very cool pictures of sunsets in different countries, crowd shots from a stage, and selfies of some beautiful women. Yet beyond that, it’s not an app that has me excited. Furthermore, Instagram seems to be a cluster-f*ck of posting what music is playing on your iPod and what you look like in the gym’s mirror? I’ve also seen some Instragram users whose entire page is of quotes and memes. Huh? It could be because I’m not the type of person who takes tons of pictures all the time. I do love photography. So i appreciate many of the images that wind up on the Featured page of the app. That’s enough to keep me interested in the app. For now. What about you guys – are you addicted to Instagram’n everything? What’s your username so I can follow
* It’s about damn time Victor Cruz got his deal. Reportedly, nobody took any pay cuts. That means that next season, the Giants will have to make some type of concessions in order to keep both Cruz and Hakeem Nicks. Putting together 2 consecutive seasons of great numbers showed Cruz’s value to the Giants. So the pressure is really on Nicks to have a max deal type of season. I think what’ll be the deciding factor of keeping Nicks and Cruz together as a tandem is if 1 of the other WRs step up. Word is Reuben Randle is looking very good on routes and ready to step into Domenik Hixon’s shoes as a 3rd option for Eli.