In the past 2 months, I’ve been in San Antonio, Las Vegas, Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, Boca Raton, Miami/Fort Lauderdale, and LA. But nothing compares to coming home to New York!
Although I was raised in South FL, NY (especially Brooklyn) will always be home to me. I became a man in the concrete jungle. Some of my best memories involve trips on the 6, the F, or the LIRR. When I was driving through Midtown the other day, my mind experienced a sensory overload. No other city gives me the feeling that New York does. So it got me thinking about some of life’s other dope moments.
– Waking up on a Monday morning and remembering that your boss is on vacation all week. Complete laziness and procrastination FTW.
– Finding an extra $20 in the pockets of something you’re about to donate.
– A fresh haircut.
Bonus * – not having to wait 30+ minutes to get that fresh hair cut.
– Hearing your parents tell you how they proud they are of your accomplishments.
– Having your girl/wife tell you how appreciative she is of what you do.
– A new Hov song premiering on Hot 97.
– Getting on the scale and seeing all those late nights/early mornings in the gym pay off.
– The kind of orgasm that makes you stutter. The kind of orgasm that will have you thinking about her weeks later.
– Running into an ex and not caring if they’re doing better than you.
– Sleeping naked on Egyptian cotton sheets.
– (for writers) Besting your busiest traffic day.
– Having someone tell you that a post you wrote touched them in a dramatic way.
– Having another writer write a post based on something you wrote AND give you credit.
– Seeing an extra zero on your bank balance.
– A perfectly fried piece of chicken breast.
– Being able to sit and eat a big bowl of sugar-laced cereal in your boxers on a weekend morning.
– Sitting around with family you haven’t seen in awhile and enjoying simpler times when life wasn’t so busy.
– Finding the 1 who makes you forget about the rest.
What are your some of the little things that make life dope to you?